Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Writing a Book

A few days ago I decided that I would start writing a book. I'm not certain that I'll finish it in the near future, perhaps not even for a couple years. I'll keep working away at it though.

I haven't decided yet what it's going to be about specifically, but it relates to the existence of gods and the supernatural. I've written about 1/3 of a chapter so far, and that has been about the insignificance of humanities place within the cosmos, within time and within the animal kingdom. My goal for this chapter was to lay down why I think the religious ideas that we were made in the image of a god and that the cultural idea that mankind is the pinnacle of the animal kingdom are outright false.

I have no intentions of stopping blogging though so don't worry. In fact, I'll probably do a lot of posts on the ideas that I'm working on expanding in the book.

2 comments:

  1. Intellectually I imagine mankind would be at the pinnacle of any species on earth, but... from a general evolutionary standpoint, I assume an argument could be made that there are other species that have superior evolutionary advantages.

    The only reason we dominate the planet is because we have the intelligence to develop technologies that facilitate our dominance. We have numerous flaws in our genetic makeup that makes it hard to assume a benevolent deity designed us :D

    Guess we will find out on May 21 though! ;)

    ReplyDelete